Level 3 – High Intermediate
What type of surfer are you?
You will be a high end intermediate surfer, proficient in the water, able to paddle through waves unassisted and can negotiate your way around a line up. You will be able to catch head high waves and can trim left and right on a variety of different waves.
What will you learn?
- We will search the coast for the best waves of the day.
- We will work with you to understand new more challenging surf spots.
- We will help you to maximise your wave count and how to find the fastest trimming line and when and what type of manoeuvres to perform.
- We will work with you through video analysis sessions to help improve techniques, body positions, position on the wave, carving turns cutbacks and floaters.
Level 3 theory
As part of your level three coaching we will run theory sessions on location at the beach, in the hotel as well as in the pool.
You will cover the following topics.
- Improving and speeding up your Pop-Up to make more critical drops
- Duck diving
- ‘Spot X’ the best place on any given wave for a surfer to take off.
- Wave forecasting
- Surfboards and different forms of surfing