Join us at our beautiful cliff-top, sea-gazing hotel in Varkala, Kerala where our truly brilliant team will make you as welcome and comfortable as possible. Come alone, with friends or make it a romantic getaway as a couple. We welcome guests from all over the world to surf, practice yoga, mediate, eat well and, just, hang out with us here in India.
We’re not an overly serious and ‘worthy’ retreat or a strict-regimed activity holiday, or a grotty bunk-bed surf-camp. You’ll be joining us and sampling the palm fringed Keralan coastal life where we like to live healthily whilst still having some fun, and hope you do too. Feel free to do as little or as much as you want to when you stay with us – Some people have one surf a day and spend the rest of the day hanging out, having coffees, chats and putting the world to rights, some just come for the yoga, meditation and massage, some surf as much as they possibly can and some just come to do nothing, hang out, eat cake, drink coolers, sunbathe and enjoy the sociable Soul & Surf vibe.
Hang out in our social spots or find a quiet corner, a hammock and a good book or, of course, if you just want to sleep, eat, lounge and relax we’ve got the perfect cliff-top location to do that. Whatever makes you happy.
Bringing The Kids?
We very much welcome families coming to stay with us and do what we can to make it affordable and workable with the kids. But we have to be realistic too, we’ve got a small number of rooms so we need to get income from them when they’re being used. So if we can add extra beds or a cot to your room we can keep things very reasonable, if the kids need their own room we have to charge the normal rate. We have a handful of rooms which are perfect for families who would like to add an extra single bed or a cot. Contact us here <click to show address> before you book to enquire.
We’re not allowed to recommend or offer baby-sitting or childcare as a service because our UK insurers advise us not to as the local lady we know isn’t qualified, registered or insured. But we can introduce you to some local ladies that have looked after Ed & Sofie’s baby and our friends kids and if you feel comfortable you can arrange child-care, whilst you surf or practice yoga, directly with them at very reasonable rates.
We love the kids to join in with whatever we can reasonably allow them to do. Surfing is an inherently dangerous activity so we have to have some limitations, check them out on our surf lessons page. Talk to the yoga teacher when you arrive if you’d like your kids to try yoga. It has the be at the yoga teachers discretion and not to the detriment of our other yogis experience.
What else is available at Soul & Surf?
Kerala Pick & Mix 20/21:
- ISA Surf Lesson 1h 30m incl. soft board — INR 1,500
- Surf Board rental 3hrs — INR 900 / All Day — INR 1,700 **
- Yoga Class 1h 15m — INR 550
- One-to-One 1hr Yoga Session — You can speak to our staff on site at Soul & Surf and they can help you book at a convenient time for you
- Pranayama or Meditation Class — You can speak to our staff on site at Soul & Surf and they can help you book at a convenient time for you
- Massage, Therapies & Treatments — Can be organised via a third party
- Yoga – You can speak to our staff on site at Soul & Surf and they can help you book at a convenient time for you
- BBQ Nights / Movie Nights / Special events — tba on arrival
- Trivandrum Airport pick-up; we will arrange, you pay the driver — INR 1,700
Kerala Pick & Mix 21/22:
- ISA Surf Lesson 1h 30m incl. soft board — £30
- 1-1 ISA Surf Lesson 1hr incl. soft board — £57
- Surf Guide – £15
- Surfboard Rental 3hrs – £10 ** / Full Day – £20 **
- Yoga Class 1h 15m — £6.5
- Pranayama or Meditation 30m – £5.5
- One to One 1h Yoga Lesson – £47
- 75 Mins or 90 Mins of Therapeutic | Deep Release Massage – £40/£50 ***
*We accept INR, Visa or Mastercard.
**We only offer board rental to experienced surfers and not beginners due to safety concerns
***Massages can only be paid in cash.
We’re not able to open for most international guests right now, but if you want to secure your spot for when we do we’re offering up some holiday vouchers . We’ll keep you posted as soon we’re able to welcome all international guests back to us.
Pick & Mix 20/21
Until 9th September 2021
If you are already in India, we offer flat discounter rate for bed & breakfast (on a per person per night basis), and you can choose from our list of additional activities while you are making your booking.
Pick & Mix 21/22
From 10th September 2021
For our next season in Kerala we’re taking a ‘pick & mix’ approach. A flat rate for bed & breakfast (on a per person per night basis), and packages for activities you can choose from while booking.