Level 4 – Advanced
What type of surfer are you?
Advanced Shredder, better than us! We’re not just talking short boarders here, we have a passion for all surf craft.
Our level 4 lessons are aimed at the surfer who has a lot of surfing experience but may be a little stuck or frustrated. The surfer will be able to perform in a variety of conditions including some very challenging or less than perfect waves. You should be comfortable surfing a variety of different beach breaks, river mouths, points and reef breaks. The level 4 surfer will be able to do more than just trim along a wave, you’ll be able to control your speed staying in the pocket when needed and speeding through section if required linking turns and manoeuvres.
What will you learn?
- We will search the coast for the best waves of the day.
- We will work with you to understand the most challenging surf spots for the days conditions.
- We want to take you put of your surfing comfort zone to break down and work on specific manoeuvres.
- Using video analysis, we will work with you to break down each wave to see where speed can be managed, manoeuvres linked and turns executed in more critical parts of the wave.
- We will work with you, taking this new knowledge from the video feedback sessions and applying them to your surf.
- We will look at the functionality and style within your surfing. It’s one thing to be able to do a cut back but to make it look good is a different matter!
Our aim with you is to push your surf and open new possibilities giving you the tools you need to continue your progression.
Level 4 theory
As part of your level 4 coaching we will run theory sessions on location at the beach, in the hotel as well as in the pool.
You will cover the following topics.
- Improving and speeding up your Pop-Up to make more critical drops
- Duck diving
- ‘Spot X’ the best place on any given wave for a surfer to take off.
- Wave forecasting
- Surfboards and different forms of surfing