Level 2 – Improver
What type of surfer are you?
You’ll be an improver or a low end intermediate, someone that has had some lessons, catching white water waves on a regular basis and you can perform basic turns left and right. You will also show that you can surf in a safe manner.
You may have even caught a couple of unbroken waves and are experienced trimming down the wave.
What will you learn?
- Advanced safety, making it specific to the spots we surf as well as the waves that you may surf at home.
- We will get specific about your stance, your body position and how it will affect your rides.
- We will work with you to improve your Pop-Up technique
- You will improve the efficiency and techniques paddle strokes enabling you to build on your endurance as well as explosiveness.
- You will learn how to negotiate the inside breaking waves and how to paddle out to unbroken waves.
- You will learn the difference in white water waves and unbroken waves and learn how to catch a wave before it breaks.
- You will understand the difference between fore hand and back hand or Front side and backside as well as understanding the basics of trimming along a wave.
- We will use video feedback sessions to help you take your surfing to the next level. Looking at and analysing your surfing. Video analysis is the best way to see your surfing and looking at the positives and how to correct any mistakes and improve on your techniques.
Level 2 theory
As part of your level two coaching we will run theory sessions on location at the beach, in the hotel as well as in the pool.
You will cover the following topics.
- Priority & line ups
- How to get through waves using a turtle roll
- The difference between a white water (broken wave) and unbroken wave
- Wave forecasting
- Surfboards and different forms of surfing