Level 1 – Beginner
What type of surfer are you?
A complete beginner or someone that has surfed a few times but still catching unbroken waves.
What will you learn?
- The absolute basics in a fun, safe and encouraging environment.
- Safety on the beach and in the white water, how to handle your board and how to negotiate your way through breaking waves.
- We’ll introduce you to your equipment and explain the basics of a surfboard and what that means to you as a surfer.
- How to catch forgiving waves and how to understand the basics of controlling a surfboard whilst laying on your belly in the prone position.
- The techniques to get to your feet and how to maintain stability and build on consistency.
- Basic manoeuvres in the white water such as speed and control as well as turning right and left on a wave.
Your success will come from your willingness to learn new things and not be afraid to fall.
Level 1 Theory Sessions
As part of your level one coaching we will run theory sessions on location at the beach, in the hotel as well as in the pool.
What will we cover?
- Currents / rips how to deal with them
- Different types of waves
- Swell generation
- Onshore vs off shore
- Right vs left
- Surf etiquette
- Terminology and radical surfer talk!