Holiday Competition with SmallBatch Coffee
Enter your details and like our Facebook pages for a chance to win :
- 5 nights for 2 people at our retreat in Varkala, Kerala
- Breakfast and lunch in our café for 5 days
- 5 surf lessons or surf guides for 2 people
- 5 days of surfboard hire for 2 people
- 5 Group Yoga classes for 2 people
Soul & Surf X Small Batch Coffee
Holiday Competition Rules
- The prize consists of one weeks stay for 2 people at Soul & Surf Kerala.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for cash or any other substitute.
- The prize includes:
5 nights in a shared room
Breakfast and lunch in our café for 5 days
5 surf lessons or surf guides for 2 people
5 days of surfboard hire for 2 people
5 Group Yoga classes for 2 people
- The prize does not include flights or transfers.
- The prize does not include the visa required to enter India
- The winner will be selected at random by computer on Monday, October 2nd, 2017. The decision will be final. Winners will be notified by email by the 5th of October. If contact cannot be made within 28 days, the prize will be forfeited. It is the winner’s responsibility to notify Soul & Surf of any change in contact information. If you are a winner, you must claim your prize within 28 days of being notified.
- The prize is for use by the winner plus one guest only and is not transferable.
- The holiday must be taken between February 1st 2018 and May 1st 2018 and is subject to availability
- Entrants must be over 21 years of age and resident in the UK.
- If you are a winner, you agree, as a condition of receiving the Prize, to participate in any publicity or promotion organised by the Promoter.
- Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee reserves the right to withdraw these offers without notice.
- By entering the competition you agree to your email address being added by both Soul & Surf and Small Batch Coffee to their respective newsletters
Terms & Conditions
- 1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules“) and apply to competitions (“Competition“) featuring in any Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee publications and/or on any Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee Internet sitesunless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- 2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“Competition Notice“) or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- 3. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting the relevant Promotions department of the publication in which the competition appeared.
- 4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- 5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must have purchased a bag of Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee and have a unique code
- 6. Employees of Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee or any associated company of Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- 7. A valid passport and visas will be required to enter India and are the responsibility of the entrant
- 8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- 9. The competition winner must be 21 years or over
- 10. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- 11. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- 12. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent the competition entry, for example, the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- 14. You must have purchased a bag of Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee and enter the unique code on that packet to enter the competition
- 15. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- 16. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- 17. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on the Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee retail sites in which the competition appeared and on the relevant company websites and social media channels.
- 18. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- 19. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- 20. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- 21. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- 22. All flights, taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- 23. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
- 24. In consideration of Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Johnston Press (and third parties authorised by Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee (and third parties authorised by Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
- 25. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- 26. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- 27. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- 28. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Soul & Surf / Small Batch Coffee reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- 30. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.